Contact Better Bike
Let us how we can help you make our city more bike-friendly. Drop Mark Elliot a line!
But remember that City Hall really needs to hear from you too. The next time you hit a big pothole, or get sideswiped by a motorist, or can’t find a bike rack, or generally are fed up with the sorry state of bike planning in Beverly Hills, pick up the phone to ask City Hall what our leaders are doing to keep cyclists safe. Find a list of handy numbers below!
Key Contact Numbers for Beverly Hills City Hall
- City Council is the key policy-making body for Beverly Hills. Five Council members represent every district in the city (an at-large system) so you need to talk to more than just one. Reach the City Council at (310) 285-1013.
- Public Works & Transportation oversees the infrastructure and programs that most affect cyclists. They also provide staff support to City Council regarding transportation policies and program. It is essential that they hear from you! Reach Transportation at (310) 285-2452.
- Traffic & Parking Commission is advisory to City Council on matters related to traffic and parking. Reach the Traffic & Parking Commission staff at (310) 285-2452.
- Recreation & Parks Commission oversees parks, cultural landmarks, and summer recreation programming. It is advisory to City Council. Reach Rec & Parks at (310) 285-2536.
- Public Works Commission advises on big-ticket items like capital investment and even bike infrastructure. Reach a Public Works staffer at (310) 285-2462.
- Planning Commission is the policy-setting body for land use and planning matters. It would be the body that handles parking set-asides, for example, and other project-level requirements. Reach a Planning staffer at (310) 285-1141.
- Beverly Hills Unified School District enjoys significant power as a stand-alone body backed by a fat bond issue. Their facilities master planning process is underway and presents an opportunity to secure bike-friendly improvements. Contact the district at (310) 551-5100.
Let us know what you find out!