We kick off Bike Month today with a handful of rides in the upcoming weeks. Join Better Bike for these casual, around-town events! And be sure to drop in for a Better Bike meeting on Monday 5/7. We will meet to review the Pilot program effort and to coordinate feedback to the Traffic & Parking Commission at the May 9th meeting. See you at Peets at 258 South Beverly Drive (center of BH) at about 6pm. Please RSVP!
Join us for these great rides. And don’t forget – the LACBC river ride is just around the corner on June 10th. Fun for the whole family! Early registration ends 5/15 so don’t tarry. Have a look at the routes map and sign up today.
- Sunday May 6th – We will ride with LACBC board member Greg Laemmle and LACBC members (join!) from Union Station (800 N. Alameda) at 10 am to Griffith Park’s Travel Town in celebration of Railroad Days (the weekend of 5/5 to 5/6). Another in the LACBC’s Sunday Funday ride series. (Meet at Union Station.)
- Monday May 7th – Better Bike meeting at Peets.
- Wednesday May 9th – Bike to School day. We’ll be taking a post-coffee ride around to the schools for an informal census of how many kids are getting to school by bike these days. Watch our Twitter for last-minute arrangements. Have an idea about how to promote the day? Let us know!
- Wednesday May 9th – Traffic & Parking Commission will discuss the Pilot program feasibility study and review comments from the public. This is our opportunity to let this body know for the first time what cyclists need to ride safe in Beverly Hills. (See our Get Involved for more information about submitting comments.) We will be having a late-day coffee at 5:45 at Peets (258 S. Beverly) and then ride up to City Hall for the 7 pm meeting.
- Saturday May 12th – We will ride to Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles at 10 am to join railfans for National Train Day. We’ll likely stop at Intellgensia Coffeebar in Silver Lake (3922 West Sunset Blvd.) on the way for a refresher.
- Thursday May 17th – Bike to Work Day. We’ll be joining our LACBC compatriots in an after-work reconnoiter to celebrate the day. Stay tuned for more details!
- Sunday, May 20th – Final stage of the Amgen Tour of California departs from our own Rodeo Drive at 10 am and does a ceremonial spin on a short stretch of Santa Monica Boulevard before passing City Hall to take Burton Way east to Doheney [map]. This the perfect opportunity to hold a banner aloft: “Where are our bike facilities?”