At the May 19th Westside Cities Council of Governments meeting, the current fiscal year was closed out with some business for next year: officer elections and committee appointments. Have a look to see if your councilman, mayor, or vice mayor has a leadership role with this sub-regional coordinating body.
The Transportation and Sustainability committees have joint input into the COG’s bike plan coordination program, so have a look to see if there’s an opportunity for constituent outreach. The COG next meets in July; the committees in even months in August (most likely). Read more about the committees and workplans in the staff report.
The new board:
- Chair Richard Bloom, Santa Monica Mayor
- Vice Chair Willie Brien, Beverly Hills Councilmember
- Secretary Abbe Land, West Hollywood Councilmember
- John Heilman, West Hollywood Councilmember
- Willie Brien, Beverly Hills Councilmember
- Jeff Cooper, Culver City Councilmember
- Scott Malsin, Culver City Councilmember and Vice Mayor
- Kevin McKeown, Santa Monica Councilmember
- Abbe Land, West Hollywood Councilmember